Since the cat’s out of the bag regarding my non-belief in supernatural beings–jeez, ask me a question about it and boom, it’s out there on the intertubes–I might as well recommend some great sites about atheism. You probably already know many of these sites but if you don’t, I highly recommend the following (in no particular order):
- Pharyngula – “Evolution, development, and random biological ejaculations from a godless liberal” by P.Z. Myers. The man is a writing machine and his posts are insightful, funny, and acerbic. Always a great read.
- http://richarddawkins.net – “The Official Richard Dawkins website.” Author of The Blind Watchmaker and The God Delusion. ’nuff said.
- Greta Christina’s Blog – “Sex, atheism, politics, dreams, and whatever. Thinking out loud since 2005.” Clear, concise, always interesting and a great writer to boot.
- The Good Atheist – “Chilling Tales of Godlessness.” Ditto.
- Atheist Revolution – “Breaking free from irrational belief and opposing Christian extremism in America.” Double ditto.
There are many many more great sites out there so this small list is just to whet your appetite for fantastic discussions about science, religion, reason, and all the deep gushy things the mind loves to masticate so we can live lives founded on principles of reason and deep understanding. If you’d like to share your favorite sites by all means drop me a line or leave it on the comments field.